Victoria, BC- The Victoria Royals will take on the Kelowna Rockets in the first two games of Round 2 of the 2016 WHL Playoffs presented by Pepsi, 2 Burley Men, The Zone @ 91.3, Gillis Plumbing and The Home Handyman. Game 1 will take place on Thursday and Game 2 on Saturday with puck drop for both contests scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
POST-SEASON EXPERIENCE: Going into their playoff match-up vs. Kelowna, the Royals have 23 players on their team who have a combined 320 post-season games played. Meanwhile the Rockets have 538 WHL playoff games of experience amongst 23 players on their squad. On Victoria, forwards Tyler Soy and Logan Fisher lead the way with 31 games of post-season experience, while forward Tyson Baillie has played the most playoff games on Kelowna with 53.
FAMILIAR FOES: The Royals will face the Rockets in the second round of the WHL Playoffs for the second year in a row. Last year the Royals were defeated 4-1 by the eventual WHL-champion Rockets, with Victoria being one of only two teams to win against Kelowna in the post-season. This year in the regular season, the Royals earned a 5-2-1-0 record against the Rockets, which included a 2-1-1-0 mark on home ice and 3-1-0-0 record on the road.
Royals’ fans are encouraged to wear black and blue to all home games in support of the team’s playoff run.
- Single game tickets to the Royals’ 2016 WHL Playoff run versus Kelowna are on sale now at the Select Your Ticket Box Office and start at just $16.00. Tickets are available over the phone at 250-220-7777, online at www.victoriaroyals.com or in-person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office.
- Royals’ Playoff Ticket Packs are on sale and guarantee the same seat for all post-season games at a discounted rate. A $75 per-seat deposit is required to hold a Royals’ Playoff Package due to the amount of home playoff games that will be played being unknown at this time.
2 Burley Men will be giving away a Royals’ jerseys via a draw at their table located at Gate 1.
- A Royals Prize Pack, featuring a pair of tickets to see Collective Soul live at Save-On-Foods Memorial Arena on April 16th and $40 to the Royals’ Team Store.
- Jiffy Lube oil change (approx. 20-30 winners/game)
THURSDAY – GAME 1
Promo: The Home Handyman Shootout (first intermission)
- Two fans will test their hockey skills by shooting pucks at a shot board. The fan who scores on the middle slot will win a two-hour service call valued at $125 courtesy of The Home Handyman.
Promo: 2 Burley Men Find Marty
- One fan will race blindfolded to try and find Marty before time expires to win $500 towards a move courtesy of 2 Burley Men.
SATURDAY – GAME 2
Promo: Gillis Plumbing Let’s Make a Deal (second intermission)
- Four junior contestants will compete in an obstacle course to win a kite courtesy of Gillis Plumbing.
Avoid any lines and choose the seats you want by using the “Pick Your Own” seat map, available 24/7, online at www.selectyourtickets.com.